The Information Technology Security
IT Security is charged with safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information processed, stored or transmitted using university electronic resources by:
- Providing comprehensive information security awareness and training.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local legislation relative to information security.
- Developing, promoting and reviewing UNCW information security policies.
- Conducting frequent information security inspections, audits and assessments.
- Taking proactive measures to counter threats, vulnerabilities and cyber-attacks.
- Reviewing Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity plans and testing them via drills and exercises.
- Facilitating the ITS change management http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/31/technology/swift-bank-hacks/ program.
- Conducting timely investigations and responses to computer security related incidents.
- Performs independent oversight and governance functions for information assurance and protection, information risk management, security incident investigations, business continuity, and disaster recovery across the entire university;
- Works in cooperation with the Office of the General Counsel to interpret laws and regulations governing information security and privacy and provide appropriate compliance oversight;
- Produces and maintains university-wide information security policies and standards that specify required and recommended information security measures and controls;
Categorised as: Technology Race